• “Gardasil Researcher Speaks Out” by Sharyl Attkisson

    Advertisements have touted Gardasil as “a vaccine that prevents cancer.” The vaccine’s purpose is to inoculate patients against Human papillomavirus (HPV), which is a sexually transmitted virus that has been found to be a cause of cervical cancer. It is for young people ages 11-26, and is administered in three doses over time. As great as this may sound, new information points out the need to weigh the advertising message against the science available.

     

    Recommended Reading:

    “Gardasil Researcher Speaks Out” by Sharyl Attkisson

    According to the article above, one of the researchers who helped design and execute the Phase II and Phase III safety and effectiveness studies on Gardasil is now speaking out about the risk-versus-benefit analysis of the vaccine, as well as the CDC’s recommendation to vaccinate girls as young as 11 years old.

    Dr. Diane Harper pointed out in her statements that the data available for Gardasil indicated that it was effective for up to five years, but that there was no data to indicate how long it was effective beyond 5 years. Because of the short window for proven effectiveness, she pointed out that girls who receive the vaccine may not be protected by the time they become sexually active if the vaccine is administered too early.

    Further, Dr. Harper pointed out that “enough side effects have been reported after Gardasil use that the vaccine could prove riskier than the cervical cancer it purports to prevent.” The article added that the number of serious adverse events reported after Gardasil use were on par with the death rate for cervical cancer, which is relatively low. She also pointed out that some 90% of HPV cases are resolved in two years without treatment, and that few of the remaining 10% of cases lead to cancer. She stated that more information needed to be given to patients about the actual (relatively low) potential benefit of the vaccine compared to the risks, and indicated that in her professional opinion the vaccine was unnecessary.

     

    Side Effects of Gardasil

    Severe reactions and even death after receiving the Gardasil vaccine have been reported. The anecdotes are devastating. One 16-year-old girl had her ovaries destroyed and was rendered infertile. In the article above, the formerly healthy, active teenage daughter of two doctors developed severe chronic illness. According to Health Resources and Services Administration, there have been 11 lawsuits filed in vaccine court about deaths related to the Gardasil vaccine.

     

    Governor Rick Perry and the Gardasil Vaccine

    In 2007 Texas Governor Perry used an executive order to make the Gardasil vaccine mandatory in the state of Texas for girls. This decision was eventually overturned by the Texas legislature. During his 2011 campaign for president, Perry’s ties to Merck, the manufacturer of Gardasil, became a serious issue.

    Prior to September 2011 Merck advertised the Gardasil vaccine heavily and spent millions of dollars trying to persuade individual states to make it mandatory despite the instances of severe reactions and the questions surrounding the vaccine’s effectiveness. One of the lobbyist hired by Merck to promote the vaccine in Texas was Governor Perry’s former chief of staff, Mike Toomey, who went on to be the head of the Make Us Great Again super PAC supporting Perry. Merck also contributed $30,000 to Perry’s gubernatorial campaigns, and contributed heavily to organizations who in turn contributed heavily to Perry’s presidential campaign.

    On the campaign trail Perry stated that he wished he had not used an executive order to make the vaccine mandatory, and insisted that the amount he received from Merck was very little in relation to he total amount he was able to raise ($30 million). Merck maintains that the vaccine is safe and that there is no evidence to the contrary.

     

    More Information

    Dr. Maggie is passionate about advocating for safe vaccines and helping those who believe they have been adversely affected. She has made it her mission to not just give her patients relief from their ailments but to strengthen the root of the immune system so that they can better combat any future health challenges. In her practice she advocates making all parts of the patient well, because rarely are ailments isolated within the body. To learn more about Dr Maggie’s medical philosophy and how it can improve overall health, click here to schedule an appointment.

    Leave a reply →